I took the plunge and finally cut into that pristine piece of silicone that was in my Cricut Stamp Kit. After a few small circle test cuts I discovered that I had to use the Deep Cut Blade at 6, Speed at 3, and Pressure at 4, which is not the settings recommended on the back of the packaging. No big deal, I always have 'cut' to my own drummer!
My first stamp cutting project focused on heart shapes and the phrase "Save The Date". I used Design Studio to make the most of the 6" x 6" stamping sheet and it allowed me to cut many more shpaes than if I had cut directly from my Cricut. When I placed the stamping sheet on my new mat I found that it was shifting because the adhesive was not strong enough to hold it in place. I ended up putting ATG tape on the back side of the stamping sheet and then placing it on my mat. It stayed put and I was able to cut everything successfully.
Here are photos of the stamps that I have cut thus far.
I have used the stamps to create my own heart patterned vellum that I will use to create folders that will hold the Save The Date Magnet with the couple's photo. (Photo of the magnet will come soon.) I am able to cut four folders per 12" x 12" sheet and I fit in as many small hearts from the negative to make our own table confetti. The folder is held together by two hearts that side into each other.
St. Patrick's Treat with Video Tutorial
2 months ago